Monday, August 24, 2015

0 Technology and Me

       First off, I'd like to point out that I like technology, but technology does not like me. I have exceptional experience in most social media platforms, my favorites including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Vine, and YouTube, not necessarily in that order. In addition, I frequent many music sharing websites that may or may not be legal, but my favorites include Soundcloud, Spotify, and Pandora. (Just kidding, I'm a law abiding citizen I promise)

       In this class, I hope to learn more about the use of technology in both everyday life and in the classroom. I have been called "technologically impaired" one too may times, so I hope this class can help me with navigating today's technology more easily and with less embarrassment. As an aspiring teacher, I am also eager to learn about technological tools I can use in my classroom.

       I am mostly a visual and active learner. I've been a dancer all my life so the fact that I am an active learner isn't exactly news to me. Nor is the fact that I am a visual learner; I can easily remember trends on graphs verses numerical statistics. Active learners also need to discuss material out loud, so a way to help me learn is to make study groups. Visual learners tend to need to organize their information in a way that makes sense to them, for example using different color highlighters. 


1 comment:

  1. Oh good, a Twitter Gal. We'll start tweeting next week. Please help make folks feel comfortable in what may be a new platform to them.

    I'm going to show some examples of real student tech projects this semester. I think you'll be particularly interested in week 6 when we talk about specific tech in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete